2019 TAUC Annual Union-Made
The 2019 TAUC Annual Union-Made Golf Tournament will be held on the afternoon of Thursday, May 2nd. The golf tournament is played in a scramble format to allow participants to enjoy the day regardless of their respective abilities. All registered Conference attendees are eligible to enter the tournament and compete for prizes. TAUC's Golf Committee has elected to play a scramble format.
1. The entry for the 2019 TAUC Union-Made Golf Tournament is $125.00 per person, which includes green fees, cart fees, refreshments and a boxed lunch.
2. The Golf Committee will assign all foursomes. Since we will be allowed a "shotgun" start at 12:30 pm SHARP, it is extremely important that all participants be at the course no later than 30 minutes prior to tee-off. Players need to check in at the Pro Shop to locate their assigned foursomes.
3. This Jack Nicklaus Signature Design, Par 72 Championship Golf Course presents a unique challenge to golfers of all skill levels. Every hole has an individual personality including numerous bunkers, large waste bunkers, plentiful grass depressions and mounds which line the sculpted fairways. The property was designed with meandering lakes surrounding the golf course giving a separation from the community and a magnificent Plantation Style Clubhouse making your visit at English Turn an unparalleled experience.
The Signature Course at English Turn was originally designed in 1988 for the New Orleans PGA Tour event, which was held at the facility until 2004 and in 2006 following Hurricane Katrina. The Inaugural event was the USF & G Classic in 1989 and the course proved to be a challenge for the PGA Tour with notoriously undulating greens, water in play on seventeen of the eighteen holes and the signature fifteenth Island Green. In Addition, the 18th Hole had been ranked the hardest hole on tour many times during the tournament tenure.
4. Prizes will be awarded to members of the winning foursome, 1st and 2nd runner-up foursomes and most honest foursome. In the event of a tie, scorecards will be compared as in match play, starting with a randomly selected hole. Individual prizes will also be awarded for various skills competitions.
5. Rental clubs are available for $60.00 plus tax. Golfers are responsible for their own rental club payments and golf shop merchandise.
Golf Dress Code: Golf courses and Driving Range require collared shirts for men and appropriate golfing shorts (no cargo or athletic shorts). Sleeveless golf blouses with collars are permissible for ladies as is other appropriate golf attire. Golf shoes must have non-metal spikes and shirt tails must be tucked in at all times.
Golfers must have proper identification on your golf clubs upon hotel check-in. This will help the bell staff to readily locate your clubs.
TAUC and the Union Sportsmen's Alliance (USA)
Sporting Clays Shoot
The 2019 TAUC and USA Sporting Clays Shoot will be held on the afternoon of Thursday, May 2nd. All registered Conference attendees are eligible to participate, but this activity is limited to 45 individuals on a first-come/first-serve basis.
The entry for the 2019 TAUC - USA Sporting Clays Shoot is $175.00 per person. Registration for this event includes: lunch and drinks, 12- or 20- gauge shotgun shells and clay targets, and various opportunities to win prizes.
The Union Sportsmen’s Alliance’s Mission is to be North America’s largest and most effective conservation organization. They will engage, educate and organize Union members, their families and like-minded individuals who share a passion for hunting, fishing, shooting and the great outdoors. Their community will volunteer time and unique trade skills to expand and improve public access to the outdoors, conserve and maintain critical wildlife habitats, restore our nation’s parks and provide mentoring programs that introduce youth to the outdoors.