TAUC Leadership Conference attendees will have several different activities to choose from, such as:
- the Annual TAUC Union-Made Golf Tournament,
- the TAUC/Union Sportsmen's Alliance Sport Fishing Tournament, and
- the Signature Keys Luncheon and Bake-Off
2018 TAUC Annual Union-Made Golf Tournament
The 2018 TAUC Annual Union-Made Golf Tournament will be held on the afternoon of Thursday, May 17th. The golf tournament is played in a scramble format to allow participants to enjoy the day regardless of their respective abilities. All registered Conference attendees are eligible to enter the tournament and compete for prizes. TAUC's Golf Committee has elected to play a scramble format.
1. The entry for the 2018 TAUC Union-Made Golf Tournament is $190.00 per person, which includes green fees, cart fees, refreshments and a boxed lunch.
2. The Golf Committee will assign all foursomes. Since we will be allowed a "shotgun" start at 12:30 pm SHARP, it is extremely important that all participants be at the course no later than 30 minutes prior to tee-off. Players need to check in at the Pro Shop to locate their assigned foursomes.
3. The Hammock Golf Course is partially situated in a wildlife sanctuary of mangrove and tropical hardwood hammocks and contains many rare and endangered species of plants for players to observe and enjoy. This ocean golf course is considered the more scenic of the Club's courses and is a true test of target golf. With fairways meandering through this natural hammock and with water hazards on fourteen of the eighteen holes, concentration becomes key to a good round. This par-71 course is 6,100 yards in length and offers a magnificent collection of memorable holes.
4. Prizes will be awarded to members of the winning foursome, 1st and 2nd runner-up foursomes and most honest foursome. In the event of a tie, scorecards will be compared as in match play, starting with a randomly selected hole. Individual prizes will also be awarded for various skills competitions.
5. Rental clubs are available for $60.00 plus tax. Golfers are responsible for their own rental club payments and golf shop merchandise.
Golf Dress Code: Golf courses and Driving Range require collared shirts for men and appropriate golfing shorts (no cargo or athletic shorts). Sleeveless golf blouses with collars are permissible for ladies as is other appropriate golf attire. Golf shoes must have non-metal spikes and shirt tails must be tucked in at all times.
Golfers must have proper identification on your golf clubs upon hotel check-in. This will help the bell staff to readily locate your clubs.
TAUC and the Union Sportsmen's Alliance (USA) Sport Fishing Tournament
The 2018 TAUC and USA Sport Fishing Tournament will be held on the afternoon of Thursday, May 17th. The sport fishing tournament registrants will meet at the Orvis Outfitters Shop located in the Fishing Village, and then will depart on six (6) person fishing boats. All registered Conference attendees are eligible to enter the tournament and compete for prizes.
Orvis Outfitters will be handling the sports fishing tournament, and these five (5) boats will be utilized:
- Reef Reelief 36’ Roscioli
- Mr. Nice II 34’ Crusader
- Good Life 46’ Hoog
- War Bird 40’ Topaz
- Mr. Nice 40’ Key West
Deep Sea fishing is done 7-10 miles offshore depending on where the Gulf Stream is on any given day.
Typical fish caught include: Sailfish, Mahi Mahi, Tuna, Wahoo, Mutton Snapper, Kingfish.
The following is recommended to participants: sunscreen, polarized sunglasses, hats and preferably non-skid shoes with non-marking soles.
The entry for the 2018 TAUC - USA Sport Fishing Tournament is $190.00 per person, which includes boat rental fees, fishing equipment fees, refreshments and a boxed lunch.
Signature Keys Luncheon and Pie Bake-Off
On Thursday afternoon, May 17th, those individuals who do not feel inclined to participate in the golf tournament or sport fishing tournament, will enjoy a light and healthy “Signature Keys” lunch while learning to make the Ocean Reef Club's famous Key Lime Pie.
Participants will have their pies submitting into a 'Tasting Competition’ that will be judged at the Gala Dinner with prizes for groups who finish in the top three.